Included on this page are highlights from our policies and procedures. The Parker Woods Montessori Student Handbook includes more detail on each of these items.
As a reminder, our hours are:
- School Hours: 9:15 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
- Office Hours: 9:15 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
To report an absent child, call the school office or email us using this Absence Reporting Form.
Student behavior that distracts bus drivers is a hazard to the vehicle's safe operation, and jeopardizes the safety and welfare of all passengers. Misbehavior while on a yellow school bus or a Metro bus can result in disciplinary action for the student or the suspension of transportation service for the student. Read more about our requirements for student behavior on buses.
Cell Phone and Other Electronics Policy
- Cell Phone and Other Electronics Policy
- Student Acceptable Use Policy
- Student Mobile Device Agreement
Review CPS' Code of Conduct for disciplinary procedures.
Students who attend Parker Woods Montessori are required to follow our dress code policy.
Please adhere to and support these simple guidelines that have been carefully considered.
- Length test: please have your child put their arms straight down. Their fingertips should be touching material — if not, the shorts are too short for school.
- Shirts must cover the midriff — no spaghetti straps, "back-out," tank tops, camisoles (cammies), or "tummy-out" shirts.
- When choosing the length of skirts/dresses, please remember the children often sit on the floor to do their work and short or tight skirts make modesty difficult.
- Comfortable clothing and rubber-soled shoes are the safest. All shoes must have a back to them. Flip-flops and sports slides are dangerous and are not permitted.
- All pants MUST fit around the waist. A belt must be worn if the pants do not stay up around the waist on their own. Families are responsible for providing belts for their children.
- Clothing with drugs, profanity, sexual or ethnic/racial slurs is never permitted.
- No coats, sunglasses/non-prescription glasses, hats, scarves or head-gear may be worn in the building (unless for religious reasons, previously documented with the office).
- If a child is inappropriately dressed, they will be sent to the main office. Their family will be notified to bring appropriate clothing.
Snow Days and School Delays
Snow days and school delays are announced on our website, local TV and radio stations, CPS' mobile app, and through automated phone calls. Assume school is open unless you hear otherwise. Learn more about CPS' severe weather and emergency closing procedures.
Because all Cincinnati Public Schools kindergarten through 12th-grade students have electronic devices, on days when there is inclement weather, students can attend school remotely from home. The announcement of Cincinnati Public Schools having a remote learning day due to inclement weather conditions is made over most radio and television stations. Please listen to your local news or radio for announcements. Our district will also inform families of remote learning days via email and robocall.
Visiting During School Hours
Visitors are always welcome at Parker Woods Montessori. We are proud to share our program. For the educational process to proceed smoothly, please follow these guidelines:
- Please make an appointment to observe or volunteer at least one day in advance. Too many observers can be disturbing to the children. Also, if you are volunteering, the teacher will need time to prepare work for you that will be beneficial to the children and enjoyable for you.
- Stop at the office first and sign in at the front desk and please have your badge or present your driver's license and use the Lobby Guard machine. The office staff will announce your arrival.
- In the classroom, enter quietly and sit in the space designated for you by the teacher.
- Do not interrupt the children and staff while they are working. Wait until an appropriate break to ask the teacher any question you might have.
- Remember that as an observer or volunteer, you are bound by the same code of ethics as any other adult at PWM. You are not free to discuss any child's behavior or personal information with anyone else. Please do not ask staff members questions about children other than your own.
- If you wish to discuss your observation or a classroom issue with the teacher, please request a conference time or a phone call. The teacher is not able to participate in a discussion during instructional time.